Warm & Welcome: Tips to Make Houseguests Feel at Home
Posted: October 17, 2016
Everyone wants to vacation in a place like Fort Lauderdale – which means that when you live here, you can expect your friends, family, and relatives to arrive for a visit. Putting them up in a hotel is always an option – there are plenty in Fort Lauderdale to choose from – or you can create a special space for them in your home to make them feel especially warm and welcome.
All of the luxury homes at Galleria Lofts include at least two bedrooms and two bathrooms, and often more. Make your loved ones feel right at home with these easy tips, which use small touches and little extras to create a special setting.
- Freshen up the guest bedroom with clean sheets, fluffy pillows, and extra blankets. Dust the furniture and lighting fixtures if needed. Make sure that there is enough space for your guests to hang their jackets and clothes in your closet, along with a few extra hangers. You may also want to create space for your guest by clearing out a dresser drawer or shelf so they have room to put their things.
- Tidy up the guest bathroom and put out clean towels and washcloths. Check behind the bathroom door for dust bunnies, and be sure that there’s a small supply of soap, shampoo, lotion, and other sundries that your guest might need. A small bouquet of flowers or a scented candle makes a thoughtful final touch.
- Set out a small welcome gift on your guest’s bed. It doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive; it’s the thought that counts. A gourmet box of chocolate or candies is always a good idea. Wrap the gift in pretty paper and bow, and set it on the foot of the bed.
- For the bedside table, fill a carafe with cold water and set it beside a couple of clean glasses. Especially for air travelers, trips can be exhausting and dehydrating – and a cold glass of water is always welcome.
- Prep a basket of Fort Lauderdale sundries and leave it at the foot of the bed or in the corner of the room. Think about the items that every visitor needs: flip flops, sunglasses, sunblock, a city map, and a colorful beach towel. Don’t forget to let your guest knows the treats are there to be enjoyed!
- Stock up on snacks. Consider that your guests’ eating habits might be different from your own. For best results, ask them in advance what they like to nibble on and grab a few of their favorites. Make sure that you have grab-and-go snacks that are easy to find, along with plenty of drinks: beer, wine, and non-alcoholic options as well. A bottle of chilled Champagne is always a festive way to begin a visit!
Finally, live in a spectacular townhome-style condo and treat your guests (and yourself) to a tranquil, urban oasis near shopping, dining, and attractions. The beautiful homes at Galleria Lofts are the ideal setting for your modern luxury lifestyle, a showcase for the sweet life near everywhere you want to be.
Would you like to learn more? Please contact Galleria Lofts today.